Bi Weekly Recap (09.08–22.08)
The Value Network ecosystem has continued to flourish over time, with excellent features such as the on-chain strategies soon to be deployed.
Value Network On-chain strategies (aka Auto-following aka Social trading) strategies are in the final testing phase and would be released as soon as all required tests are complete; the strategy will allow traders to create special smart contracts that enable:
- Trading the prediction markets and keep track of all transactions on the smart contract
- Complete trading history on prediction markets within this strategy
- The total profit or loss (P/L) of the strategy is considered from the trading history
- Funds transferred to the strategy from the creator wallet will be “skin in the game” (creator’s investment in the strategy), which means the strategy creator also has investments in the strategy as security
- Attract funds from other investors/wallets
- It’s impossible to withdraw funds from the strategy smart contract; the wallet can only be used to trade on the prediction markets contract.
- Only 5% of the total funds can be placed in one bet as part of the strategy (skin in the game + attracted funds)
Value Network would be a real game-changer for the whole crypto ecosystem in the nearest future. As centralized exchanges and brokers enforce more restrictions to comply with local AML and KYC regulations, the use case for decentralized prediction markets will only strengthen.
With Value Network, there is no need for third-party crypto custody, broker outages, deposit, and withdrawal interruptions.
Ultimately, the DeFi industry is continually growing and evolving. It’s mind-blowing how quickly the ecosystem passed from being an experiment by anonymous geeks to proving that it will likely play a significant role in finance’s future.
Although we may see it as a niche sector right now, you can expect broader market shares to adopt the decentralized applications in the future. Decentralized finance has the potential of altering the financial world any time now.
We are eager to evolve Value Network into an inclusive community project. If you believe you can help in any way, please join us on the Value Network Telegram channel and introduce yourself.
If you want to get involved with the project, check out our Github and Follow Value Network on Medium, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.